Monday, May 21, 2012

From Stephen Silver: I wanted to share with you a bit of my philosophies in the art of enjoying yourself. Nothing worse than being stressed out, I hope this advise helps. Maybe print it out and hang it on your bathroom mirror and read it every day, until it becomes second nature. The goal in our lives is not for us to be BUSY, but for us to be happy, active and engaged. enjoy the actions you are doing. Today I am going to wake up slowly, and take an extra minute to get out of bed Today I am going to take a longer shower and really feel the hot water Today I am going to brush my teeth longer Today I am going to enjoy whatever it is I am going to eat for breakfast Today I am going to slowly sip my coffee and taste it as it warms up my body Today I am going to chew my food longer and appreciate all the tastes and textures Today I am going to take slower steps as I walk to my car Today I am going to count to five before I drive off when I approach a stop sign Today I am going to be patient waiting in any line or traffic, I know I will arrive Today I am going to say hello or smile at everyone I walk past that I make eye contact with Today I am going to take many breaks even if they are for only 3 minutes Today I am going to pay full attention to anyone that talks to me, my boss, kids, wife, etc.. Today I am going to enjoy whatever it is I am going to eat for lunch Today I am going to find a quiet spot, close my eyes, take deep breaths and listen Today I am going to focus on just one thing at a time Today I am not going to think about tomorrow Today I am not going to over react to any situation that occurs Today I am going to take my sweet old time. Today I am going to pay some more attention to my pets Today I am aware that every little thing is going to be alright Today I am going to enjoy whatever it is I am going to eat for dinner Today I am going to watch some t.v or read a book before I go to bed Today I am going to sit in a hot bath and do nothing for 30 minutes Today I am going to have a great nights sleep Oh look, it's today again. Every day is today! Today don't be BUSY!!!!!!! Be HAPPILY ACTIVELY ENGAGED. Enjoy your day! Stephen Silver

No comments: